To encourage and assist student members of the Jacksonville IMA Chapter who demonstrate outstanding potential to pursue a career in management accounting.
Field of Study
Accounting, with a preference to students who have expressed interest in management accounting.
Level of Education for Which Award is Granted
- Two Year Accounting Programs
- Undergraduate Accounting Programs
- Graduate Accounting Programs
Number, Amount and Type of Award
One or more scholarships in the amount of $575 will be awarded to a student member of the Jacksonville IMA Chapter.
Criteria for Selection
The IMA Scholarship Advisory Committee will base its decision for awarding the scholarships primarily on the academic merit and outside student activities as well as member participation of the Jacksonville IMA Chapter.
Method of Disbursement
Cash payment to the individual winner or winners will be paid in April 2011. The Committee reserves the right to review final distribution of the scholarship funds.
Method of Applying
Applications will be submitted to Jerry Jeakle, Director Scholarships Program. The application consists of a form with attachments containing the following information.
- The application which includes biographical data, and signature of applicant.
- Transcript of Undergraduate (and graduate, if applicable) grades. (An official transcript will be required to receive the scholarship). Transcript must include 2010 grades.
- A Letter of Recommendation from an accounting professor including verification of major field of studies and expected date of graduation.
- Completion of an essay to answer the following question: What is the value of the CMA? The essay should be at least 500 words, typed. Please include you name on the essay.
- A Resume with a Cover Letter by applicant addressing career objectives, why he or she is applying for the scholarship, and why he or she merits the scholarship above others.
NOTE: The Application, Essay, Resume and Cover Letter can be submitted on-line. The Letter of Recommendation and Official Transcripts or any questions, should be sent to:
Jacksonville IMA Chapter
PO Box 2291
Jacksonville, FL 32203
Application Period: January 1, 2011 thru March 1, 2011
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION is March 1, 2011
Announcement of Winners
Winner will be announced at the April 18, 2011 Award Ceremony at Deercreek Country Club.